Print this page
Smyrna Christian Church -- Lee Delbridge, Minister
910 Concord Road SE -- Smyrna, Georgia 30080 -- 770.435.1723
The Creation Controversy
One of the basic questions of life is “Where did we come from?” In our society there are two competing answers. The Bible believing church teaches one. The liberal churches, the public broadcasting system (PBS) and our government schools teach the other one. Simply stated those two competing and totally opposite answers are,
The first view says that a loving God created us and has a purpose for our lives. The second view says that we are just an accident of nature.
- The one true God created us and cares about what happens in our life
- All living things, including humans accidentally came into being by a materialistic random evolutionary process
- COMMON SENSE TELLS US THERE IS A CREATOR
- A watch implies a watchmaker
- A building implies a builder
- The building you are in today was designed and built by a person with some degree of intelligence
- The building is not the result of an explosion at a brick factory -- it is not the result of an accident
- The complexity of the human body implies intelligent designer
- A simple study of the human eye and how it operates will demonstrate an intelligent designer
- For every effect there is a cause
- Evolution is not rational
- THE CREATION ITSELF TELLS US THERE IS A CREATOR
- Psalm 19:1 - The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
- The universe “tells” us that there was an intelligent designer who made it
- Romans 1:19-20 - Because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
- Verse 19 says that there is a “God-conscienceness” in each of us
- Verse 20 says that God’s eternal power and divine nature is clearly seen through the creation
- THE BIBLE TELLS US THAT GOD CREATED THE WORLD
- Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- Isaiah 44:24 - Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, “I, the Lord, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone,
- Hebrews 3:4 - For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.
- Hebrews 11:3 - By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.
- God spoke the world into being out of nothing
- God created it -- He brought it into existence
- Revelation 4:11 - Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.”
- We should worship God because He is the creator
- Some other Scriptures that teach that God created the world
- Genesis 1:1-2:4   Nehemiah 9:6   Isaiah 44:24   Job 38:4   Isaiah 42:5   Isaiah 45:18
- Ephesians 3:9   Colossians 1:16-17   John 1:1-3   Revelation 10:5-6   Psalms 148:5   Malachi 2:10
Where did you come from? There are two possible answers. Either you were created by a loving God who has purpose for your life or you are the accidental result of a random evolutionary process. Which one you believe will radically effect your life and may determine your eternity. Common sense tells us there was a creator. The creation itself tells us there was a creator. The Bible clearly tells us that God created the world and everything in it! Do you believe it?
© 2002 Lee Delbridge
<< Prev |